Into Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into Other Worlds

Into Other Worlds: A place to RPG

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Empty
PostSubject: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:19 pm

the trees all around them were still, the wind that had been blowing for nearly two days straight seemed to be paying its respects. the orange and red leaves on the slowly dying green grass was in interesting contrast to the black attire that surrounded her casket. Was it fitting or just a mockery that a funeral should be taking place on October 31st? No one asked that question they all just came. most of the women were donning little black bird cage veils that covered only half their face. Everyone was in their best black Prada, Valentino and Mark Jacobs, sporting only the most solemn cents from Coco Chanel and Dior. The Jimmy Choo stilettos and kitten pumps were aided by the frozen ground as if it understood the solemnity of this event. Tears rolled down many a cheek as the pastor spoke over the forever resting but the evidence if streaking makeup was only shown by a select few. She had been so young. this hadn't happened here in over 30 years and the weight of its reality was mind numbing for those close to it.
"So loved among her peers and family. Elena was respected even among her elders. This light having snuffed out so early is truly a loss that we will all feel for a very long time," his words were surely meant to be comforting but she couldn't stop the tears from spilling over. She had known Elena since they were in grade school. they hadn't been the absolute best of friends but then again she wasn't sure Elena had a best friend. She had been the mayors daughter after all and with that title came a lot of responsibility and she couldn't limit herself to just a handful of close friends. Adelaide dabbed at her face with her white handkerchief trying to keep the damage they would do at bay. she Glanced up at the Mayor and his wife then quickly back at her hands. she couldn't imagine what they were going through. Elena had been her age. they had turned the same age within three weeks of each other. she stole a glance at her own mother and stepfather. she wondered how they would have handled it if the tables had been turned.
"Such a tragedy for one so young." the pastor continued, "let us pray that no other child die so needlessly." she was sure he was trying to help but the sob she heard break through the mothers lips was proof that it wasn't. She bowed her head again her lashes brushing her black veil. Why would she do this? why would Elena have killed herself?

She leaned against a tree looking up at the gathering of black. She didn't realize the funeral was going to be today. it seemed a little brazen to bury a girl on Halloween but then again who was she to talk. She knew most of those people from around town but none of them probably would recognize her. Oh the hierarchy of this town, it was almost amusing if it wasn't so infuriating. Her family worked for everything they had. she scraped and earned and did what she needed to to feed and cloth her family and most of them, well most of them had never seen a days work in their lives. But that was beside the point. Today she couldn't be angry at them, at least not at this moment. They were broken and morning and she could respect that.

ooc: ok well I hope this is enough of a start to get this rolling. And Sun I thought that your girl was at the graveyard visiting her moms grave. so she isn't just a grave yard creeper :p
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:31 am

Christine pulled herself away from the tree and looked back at her mom's grave. She'd passed away when Christine was about 12, leaving her daughter and her husband behind. Christine ran a hand through her slightly greasy hair and frowned as she looked at the grave. She always tried to tell herself to bring flowers or something, but it never seemed important. But standing here, it always felt disrespectful to not have something. She sat, watching the black mass of mourners out of the corner of her eye.
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 pm

"not to be disrespectful or anything but a funeral on Halloween?" a voice came to her left. He was tall and dark a bit like her but his blue eyes were piercing a stark contrast to his skin.

ooc: Sun I sent you an MP With something for your character
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Adelaide stood still staring at the freshly dug dirt as the everyone slowly filed back to their cars. She had recognized people from school, some who had been Elena's friends. She looked up to see her parents waiting for her at the car, they were giving her space to say good bye. Adelaide dabbed away one last tear before place the red rose she had been holding on the dirt and turning away.
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:55 am

~MJ~ wrote:
"not to be disrespectful or anything but a funeral on Halloween?" a voice came to her left. He was tall and dark a bit like her but his blue eyes were piercing a stark contrast to his skin.
"What are you doing here?" Christine asked, jumping as she heard his voice. It was a voice she hadn't heard in a long time.
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:01 pm

"You alright?" Adelaide's mother asked as she got into the car

"Youve been avoiding me so I talk to you when I can." he said with a shrug
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:46 pm

"So you're following me now?" Christine turned back to her mother's grave, not wanting to deal with him now.
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:54 pm

"I was helping with a spectacle and saw you down here." he said with a shrug
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:10 pm

She nodded and pushed herself up to standing. "I should probably go. I have to get to work."
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:12 pm

"Can we get together sometime, you know actually talk?" he asked pulling a cigarette out and sticking it between his lips, " haven't talked to you in what three years?'
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 pm

"Three and a half," she replied. "And you can come talk at work. I don't have a lot of time." And no way would she let him come to her place. Not with Nate running around.
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:17 pm

"Oh come on Chris," he said rolling his eyes," can't you spare even an hour for your old boy friend?"
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:22 pm

She sighed. "I can give you half an hour after work tonight. But then I have to go home, okay?"
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:32 pm

'Sure, sure..." he nodded, "How about at Brandy's?" he asked. the local burger joint was a nice down to earth place for low lying folks like them
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Adelaide nodded slowly. "We were friends....I just don't understand why she did it. She always seemed happy."
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:45 pm

~MJ~ wrote:
'Sure, sure..." he nodded, "How about at Brandy's?" he asked. the local burger joint was a nice down to earth place for low lying folks like them
"Fine," she agreed. "I'll see you at 8."
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:47 pm

"I don't know honey." she wished she had something better to say to her daughter but she sadly didn't, "I'm so sorry."

He grinned, "great."
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:54 pm

"Thanks for coming with me," she said. "I don't think I could have done this on my own." She looked at the window to see Elena's parents getting into their car. "Maybe I should make some food for her parents. They shouldn't have to cook."
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Christine nodded, tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, then left. He didn't know, of course, and she didn't know if she wanted him to know. Probably not, she couldn't see him as long term relationship material. When they'd been together it was fun and carefree and everything high school was supposed to be. But now it was real life and nothing was easy.

ooc: did you mention a name for him?
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:03 pm

She smiled, "thats a good thought but I think thats why they have Sophie. Honey." she said then turned to her husband, "Speaking of we should let Patrice know that dinner should be a little smaller tonight. I don't think we have much appetites today."

He grinned watching her walk away as he lit up his cigarette
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:05 pm

"I still think I should take them something," Adelaide said quietly. "Elena would have wanted me to."
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:07 pm

"i'm sure they would appreciate that." she said with a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:07 pm

She had to run to get to the garage on time. When she got there, she shed her thin jacket and sweatshirt and tied her hair back. Perhaps she could forget about their agreed meeting if she worked hard enough.
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:10 pm

"You're late," Her dad said as she walked in, "thats not like you."
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:13 pm

"I was at the cemetery. Sorry," she replied, giving him an apologetic look.
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:14 pm

~MJ~ wrote:
"i'm sure they would appreciate that." she said with a slight smile.
\

Adelaide smiled faintly, "could you help?"
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:19 pm

"I suppose I could," she said a bit hesitantly, "what did you have in mind?"

"How was she?" he asked as he turned his attention to the car he was working on
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:27 pm

She shrugged, "maybe chicken and mashed potatoes?"
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:27 pm

"Peaceful," Christine answered. "The tree is starting to lose it's leaves," she added. Years ago, the groundskeeper had put in a tree just a little off from the grave. "It looks nice." She picked up the schedule, glancing to see what car she was working on today.
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:32 pm

"How about a pie or some cookies." she suggested. she wasn't sure if her daughter knew what she was getting into. she had never been formally trained in the kitchen. they had always had a cook

his smile poked out from under his beard, "that's good to hear."
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:35 pm

She nodded. "That's probably a better idea. I know they love apple pie."
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:41 pm

she nodded with a slight smile. her daughter would never admit it but she did know what was best
Back to top Go down
Sunlight_Streaming
Admin
Admin
Sunlight_Streaming

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:45 pm

~MJ~ wrote:
his smile poked out from under his beard, "that's good to hear."
"Yeah," she agreed. She was scheduled to be working with the car her dad was working on, so she set the schedule aside and jumped into work, hands dirty with grease within seconds.
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:52 pm

"Maybe some chocolate chip cookies to," Adelaide said after a minute.
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:10 pm

there wasn't much conversation as they worked side by side to get the car fixed. finally he spoke up, "wasn't there a funeral today?"

"I'm sure they would like a pie." she said quietly as they pulled up to the house. her step father got out first as the schoffer opened the door then her mom slid out
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Adelaide slid out and smoothed her dress. "I'll ask Patrice to help me gather the ingediants for the pie."
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:11 pm

her red lips turned up in a slight smile, " let me know if I can help." she said before going into the enormous houes
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:32 pm

She followed her mother into the house and walked into the kitchen. "Patrice?" She called, looking around.
Back to top Go down
~MJ~
Admin
Admin
~MJ~

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:50 pm

the small Asian woman pocked her head out from the pantry, " Yes ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
oxford girl
Admin
Admin
oxford girl

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Adelaide smiled, "I'd like to make an apple pie to take over to the Elena's parents." She smoothed her black dress. "Could you help me find the ingredients?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG   Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now I lay Me Down To Sleep RPG
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Into Other Worlds :: Our Stories :: Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep-
Jump to: